Sunday 26 September 2010

Relief, fences and Scrumpy.

Relief. It's such an underrated emotion don't you think? Granted the tension/stress/pressure that precedes it isn't so great, but has anyone ever not enjoyed the feeling of "ahhhh, thank feck that's over"? Exactly.

My relief came in the shape of finally finishing the bloody garden fence. If you've read my last post you'll know that weather proofing the fences is one of the things on my winter to do list and it's been one of the biggies that I've been dreading ever since I put it on. 

These things often don't take so long or as much effort in other homes. Perhaps the lady in question is lucky enough to have a bloke about who likes DIY or at the very least, willing to do it when asked. Or perhaps she's got enough moolah to employ a handy man to do it all for her. Unfortunately I have neither a man who is willing/capable and I most certainly do not have enough moolah. Dan will help if I need him to, but he doesn't enjoy it so doesn't make an effort to get involved and will usually go into hiding whenever he sees me with a paint brush/screw driver/hammer in hand.

So yes, I am feeling very relieved right now. And with help from a hot shower and my mate Scrumpy, I will soon be feeling very relaxed, woozy and eventually, asleep. On that note, I will leave you with a picture of my mate Scrumpy. 



Isn't he handsome?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...