Sunday 19 September 2010

Winter List


It's that time of year again folks. I've written out my list of things to do before winter comes a knocking and I'm more excited about this than is probably considered normal.
This year I've decided to include my list here so that I can blog about my progress. This makes me feel all kinds of happy and nerdy for two reasons.

One, I'm a sad muppet with an unhealthy love of lists and two, blogging about it will give me an incentive to complete the damned thing. Something I always have problems with.

So without further ado, here follows my 2010 winter list. Look see, it's got categories and everything! *happy sigh*

House
  • Put foil behind the radiators (I tried this once and it bugged the crap out of me as the foil kept sliding off the wall. Still I've read time and time again that it's a good tip so I'll give it another shot).
  • Make a draft excluder for the living room door
  • Clean windows and window sills in conservatory
  • Clean all windows in house
  • Brush cobwebs from the external walls of the house
  • Get boiler checked, check the insurance cover is up to date
  • Make 2 door curtains - 1 for the kitchen/living room arch and 1 for the main front door
  • Weather proof conservatory..or do the best you can - it's falling apart.
  • Cover air vents in kitchen and bathroom with cling film to avoid draughts and spiders
Garden
  • Collect conkers and put in shed to deter spiders (I've heard this works)
  • Mulch garden bedding and pots
  • Check fences and secure where necessary
  • Varnish shed - DONE
  • Varnish garden fences
  • Pull up weeds from front of house and clear any rubbish
  • Prune grape vines and mulch pots
Clothes
  • Buy a pair of warm trousers for work
  • Check hat/scarf/glove situation. Mend, make and/or replace as necessary
  • Buy some more winter socks (mum's been slack and my stash is dangerously low)
  • Get winter clothes down from attic
  • Move summer clothes up in attic
  • Get ankle boots re-heeled
  • Sew up the buggering big hole in winter slippers
  • Get a new pair of knee high boots

Car
  • Add winter stuff to car - torch, blanket, ice-scraper, de-icer, wind-up telephone charger thingy
  • Check the lights are working properly
Misc.
  • Hunt down hot water bottle (it's somewhere in the attic)
  • Stock up on candles
  • Finish last year's crochet blanket
  • Make a Christmas list..yeah, yeah I know. Shut up. I like lists remember?
  • Make a list of winter meals to make and freeze
  • Stock up on mulled wine sachets or find a cheaper alternative
  • Make a list of soups to make and bring to work that don't bore you to death
  • Buy a flask
  • Stock up on containers for soups - margarine tubs?
Having now read through this list I see that I come across as a right spider wuss. I'm really not. They just piss me off. Especially after spending last winter sharing a house with so many of them.

By the way, if anyone knows if that conker thing really does work then do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...