Saturday 10 March 2012

The anti-pregnancy post

As most women do during pregnancy, I gave up a few things along the way.  Some because it was healthier or sensible to do so and others because I physically had to.

Now that this period of my life is almost over, I keep thinking about all the things I can welcome back into my life and thought it would be fun to list them in an 'anti-pregnancy' style post. 

Heels
Yeah, yeah I know. When will I actually get a chance to wear these? That's not the point though. The point is that I will have the choice to again. Wearing a pair of heels will no longer have my back and pelvis spazzing out in pain. Yee haw!


Coffee!
Obviously I drink coffee anyway, but it's almost always decaff. Which to be honest, is usually so bad that you wonder how it got to be called coffee at all.


Booze
Oh yes, alcohol my friend. Cider..wine..how I've missed you.


 The Food You Can't Eat When You're Pregnant
Blue cheese, soft cheese, prawns, dippy eggs yadda, yadda, yadda. Soon to be all mine!

Buying New Clothes
No more will I have to think about whether a new piece of clothing with accommodate my planet sized bump and whether or not I'll still be able to wear it after the birth. No longer will I limited to stretchy, shapeless dresses and only be able to wear leggings, tights and jeans if they have a tent's worth of extra fabric around the tummy. Oh happy days.


Bending/Moving
Oh this one is probably up there at the top. I miss being able to move as I used to. I currently can't drive due to my lack of mobility. I can't turn over in bed without the help of the headboard and more often than not, Dan has to help me get socks and boots on and off. That said, I don't think I'll ever be able to do what the lady in this picture is doing. I'm not even sure I understand why she's doing it. Bloody show off.


Sleeping on My Tummy
Oh I miss this too. SO much! Right now I'm limited to sleeping on my left side only. My front is not an option for obvious reasons. Lying on my back leaves me struggling to breath properly and my right side means the weight cuts off the circulation resulting in a pain that runs from my bum cheek all the way down to my foot. Nice.



So there you have it folks. As well as my little lady all these things will be mine once more. And a few more that I thought of as I was writing this:

Rings - fingers currently too fat
Belts - Likewise with the belly
Breathing normally - Haven't taken a full breath in what feels like forever
Not needing to pee every 5 minutes - how could I forget this one??
Not being quite so spotty
Trotter feet - Or rather, not having them
And bizarrely, being able to clean out the chickens again - Dan does good, but I like things done a certain way and I've needed to let go of that while he's been looking after them.

There are no doubt more things that I'll welcome with open arms although I know that at the same time, I'll miss having Pip as my constant little tummy buddy.

But then, she'll be here for reals and that's going to be a whole new kettle of fish!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I am 5 1/2 months preggers with number 2 and laughed out loud at your post, i miss all these things too! Dying for a rare steak and a bottle of vino! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! I was secretly hoping that she'd turn up yesterday so that I could celebrate with some St Paddy's day booze, but no luck.

    I'll have to have a belated cider when she does decide to show. Congrats on our second bump by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...