Sunday 15 July 2012

The week I got some things done.

This week I finally had a burst of productivity and got some things done. 


I moved back into the sewing room after deciding my 'nook' in the bedroom was too small. I washed and ironed the fabric that finally arrived, made two test dresses and then decided that as my sewing machine wasn't up to scratch, I'd go and buy myself an overlocker, Y'know. As you do. 
This was the one I plumped for in the end. 

Isn't she a beaut? I'm getting quite excited about this project now as I've got to admit, I've been climbing the walls a little lately. Please don't get me wrong, I know how lucky I am and I love that I get to watch Pip grow a bit more each day, but for my own sanity I do need something else to focus on other dirty nappies and Mr Tumble.

That said, I will always put my sewing machine down for Gigglebiz. It makes the nappy changing more fun.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I knew my way around a sewing machine. Agreed with the need to have something grown up to focus on too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing machines are easy compared to this thing. It arrived the other day and I'm still trying to get my head around it!

      Delete
  2. Hun, what is an overlocker?? It looks so snazzy! Can't wait to see what you will create with it. That animal print looks quite sexy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look at the inside seams on a dress you've bought in a shop..it does those.

      I'll have to make you a dress once I've got my head around it. :) XXX

      Delete
    2. Ahaaa, wow that is awesome. Seams can be such a nightmare on a regular sewing machine. I always get lumps, you too?
      Ohh make me a dress, make it make it! It's ok if it's covered in Alessi's spitbubbles:) xxx

      Delete

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...