Thursday 22 November 2012

Champagne Thursday


Because Charlotte told me to.

Also as it's thanksgiving I thought it would be nice to reflect on some of the many things I'm grateful for at the moment. Big and small.



The Fam
Obviously. Whenever I think of what I'm thankful for, Hubbers and Pip are at the top of the list. Always.

Being warm and cosy
Right now I can hear the rain lashing down. While I was bathing Pip, Dan had to go into the attic to empty one of the many buckets we have to catch the drips. I can also hear the wind. If we don't get flushed out of our house tonight we might get blown away instead.

Tomorrow's weather forecast 
Apparently it's going to be nice enough tomorrow afternoon for me and Pip to get out of the house for a bit. A weatherman on the telly said that so it must be true.

Chinese takeout
Some crispy aromatic duck is winging it's way to me as we speak. Feck yeah!

My dressing gown
It used to be oh so fluffy and soft. Now it's looking a bit shabby and has a bum patch. But when Pip wakes up in the night it's bloody cold and it feels like wrapping myself up in a duvet so I'll take it. Bum patch and all.

Hot chocolate
Enough said.

Crap TV shows
Merlin. 2 Broke Girls. New Girl. The Big Bang Theory. How I Met Your Mother. Judge away if you wish, I love them all.

Plans and dreams
My buoy when I'm barely keeping afloat in a giant sea of daily routine.

Our health
We have colds. Nothing makes you appreciate a cold-less baby more than when you're staring at one who has just sneezed a snot bubble.

Friends
The ones who keep your feet on the ground, put a smile on your face and a drink in your hand are nothing short of priceless.


P.S. I know I didn't use Champagne..it's actually rose wine spritzer. But it was fizzy!

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...