Tuesday 15 July 2014

Mabel

So if you follow me on Twitter it won't have escaped your attention that my trusty old sewing machine died earlier this month. It happened at the worst time as I'd literally just taken on some custom jobs.
At least, that was what I thought when it happened. I knew buying a new sewing machine was going to be pricey and if I'm honest, that was what had put me off jumping in and investing in a new one.

In the end the decision was made for me. The tension dial broke and as it would have cost more than the sewing machine's worth to get fixed, I had no choice but to buy a new one.
At first I was upset, but then I let those words sink in a little.

Buy. A. New. Sewing. Machine.

My dream sewing machine.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my new, dream sewing machine. Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!
Oh and her name's Mabel.


She's so quiet and whizzy. I still can't get my head around how quick it is to run a piece together now compared to before. And oh my days, she even has an automatic needle threader!
AN AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER!!
I can't even begin to put into words how cool I think this is. I've tried. On numerous occasions. I've bored my husband, friends, work colleagues and yes, even someone I've never met over on Twitter. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. SHE'S AMAZING!

So there you have it. I'm going to wrap this post up now as I can see that I'm starting to push my luck regarding the acceptable use of exclamation marks and capital letters. 

All I'll say is that I bloody love this machine. I've noticed that it's making me try even harder to find sewing time in each day now. And that can only be a good thing.

P.S. For those who are a little confused by the heart in the corner of my photo. "I luv Mabel 4eva IDST" is a reference to my old school days. When we used to cover our school books with wrapping paper and write I luv blah blah 4eva all over them. The I.D.S.T. stands for If Destroyed Still True. 

And you know what? I do still luv Chesney Hawkes. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...