Friday 19 September 2014

Current Projects

A sensible person would only have one project on the go at any given time. 
Clearly I'm an idiot.

I've currently got three different projects to keep me busy, all of which are on my Winter List which I'm making steady progress on and *touch wood* should finish soon. Here's a little introduction..

1. Bedside Cabinets. 
You can't tell from the photo, but I've already made a start on these Ikea basics. The table tops came out further, but in order for them both to fit on either side of our bed I've had to saw the edges so they are flush with the drawers.
I'm still undecided on whether I will paint or stain them and those knobs are definitely going.


2. Winter Coat
This will be my first bash at making a coat so I'm a little nervous. I'm going to make pattern A with a tweed material. I'm looking forward to it as I hate trying to find a coat I like around this time of year. It's hard enough when all you can find are parkas and duffel coats, but the search is made even harder when you start hunting for petite coats. So fingers crossed this comes out ok!


3. Dining Room Table
I actually took this photo when Dan and Alessi were in Kent. It's clean and pretty looking, there's the give away! Usually it's covered with notebooks, empty cups and dried blobs of weetabix. 
It's a bit of a 'make-it-up-as-I-go-along' project. So far I know I want to sand the top and paint the legs, but that's it. This could be interesting..


And there you have it. This is the start of my latest projects. I'll be updating my progress in the hope that it will keep me motivated - we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...