Thursday 25 June 2015

Room 101 - 'shit petite'

Some of you may recall the brief rant in my last post about petite fashion. It turns out this was a mistake as it's now become something of an obsession and all I can think about. So I'm going to have a bit of a moan on here and hopefully, lay this bug bear of mine to rest. 

Examples such as the ones above are what I'm referring to when I say "shit petite". I'm 36, I shop in the stores that stock them and I cannot understand how any woman in her right mind would want one of these things. Teenager? Perhaps (although I'm not even convinced about that one), but woman? Nope.  I don't buy it. And I mean literally, I don't buy it. And neither do any of my short friends either. Yes. We all hang out in gangs. We're easier to spot that way.

"Good things come in small packages". Ew. This just sounds like a bad joke to me. 
"Short stuff"? Reminds me too much of my school days. 
"Fun size"? Do I look like a Mars bar to you?! 

And while I'm having a rant, sticking some french words in to the mix doesn't make this collection filler (because let's be honest, that's all they are) any more 'chic'.

I'm not even going to list the shops the above items come from because they don't deserve the acknowledgement.
Just, please high street stores, PLEASE. Stop it now. 

And while we're at it, scrunchies. Also no. Although maybe that's a rant for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Another thing I hate is crop tops. They have such great styles and patterns - why can't shops do a t-shirt alternative of them too? NOT ALL OF US HAVE WASHBOARD STOMACHS.

    A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! As an owner of a rather wobblesome stomach, I concur!

      Delete

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...