Monday 14 August 2017

Slow Fashion Outfit Of The Day

Before I kick off this post, I quickly want to invite you to join my newsletter mailing list if you haven't already done so.

Each month I'll be putting together a collection of things for you to make, do and read whilst also giving you updates on what I've been up to each month, including a monthly challenge. The first one is due to land on September 1st and if you would like to receive it, simply sign up using the form at the top of this page. Also, if you have any ideas about what you would like to see included, let me know! I would love your feedback.

Now then, back to the post..

For ages I've wanted to start a series of slow fashion outfit posts, then over the weekend, out of nowhere I had the urge to share the outfit I was wearing on my Instagram Stories and I was blown away by people's reactions to it. It's given me the oomph I needed to get on and start this thing so here it is folks, my first slow fashion outfit post.

This was the outfit I shared on Saturday. Please excuse the poor quality, it was fresh off the Insta Stories press. As you can see it's nothing fancy. I just wanted something warm, comfy and nice enough that I didn't feel flumpy in it. Flumpy is a thing.


Sandals: New Look from 6 years ago
Jeans: Charity shop
Top: Ebay
Cardigan: Vintage
Necklace: Handmade by yours truly

And this was my outfit from yesterday. The sun came out!


Sandals: Same as above (I pretty much live in these and flip flops over the summer..when the weather is behaving)
Skirt: Charity shop
Top: H&M
Headband: Handmade


As I was taking these pictures I realised that so far this year I have only bought two brand new items of clothing - leggings and underwear. Everything else has been secondhand. So seeing as I appear to have accumulated a wardrobe consisting largely of secondhand, upcycled and handmade clothing, I can't see any reason not to continue with these posts now. I'm even feeling less awkward taking pictures of myself which was a massive hurdle before. Although maybe I need to do something else with my feet! 

So until next time folks, take it easy.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...